Cake for breakfast!? Tasty, high-protein treat that will make you excited to get out of bed in the morning.
Calories 217, Carbs 18 grams, Fat 2 grams, Protein 34 grams
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 egg white
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp. Stevia
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ Cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (165 C)
- Blend the oats, egg white, and water until the consistency is smooth
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Whisk it together with the protein powder and 1 tsp. Stevia. The mixture should be like thick pancake batter.
- Pour half of the batter into a small (about 4.5 inches across) nonstick pan and sprinkle with two-thirds of the cinnamon plus 1 tsp. Stevia. Pour the remaining batter and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon.
- Pull a knife through the batter a few times to slightly mix in the cinnamon and Stevia.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is for one serving of cinnamon swirl cake.
This dish keeps very well in the fridge. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To reheat, place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Make sure you’re using a protein powder with a strong vanilla flavour that holds up well to baking. If the recipe doesn’t come out right, consider changing the protein powder.